Coming from a human capital perspective employee engagement is a supreme discipline in getting employees to perform right and to deliver valuable results.
The Conference Board defines employee engagement as follows: “Employee engagement is a heightened emotional and intellectual connection that an employee has for his/her job, organization, manager, or co-workers that, in turn, influences him/her to apply additional discretionary effort to his/her work.”
Following Towers Watson the three key elements of employee engagement are: rational, emotional and motivational.
Please discuss with us the following questions:
- How do you measure engagement?
- What are the drivers for engagement?
- What does employee engagement mean for leadership development?
- What are the challenges we face?
- What does employee engagement mean for strategy development and for corporate culture?